The General Greene Inn
Below are some photographs taken of the General Greene Inn during the 1950's.
This page may take a while to load.
This photo was taken around 1953. It is of the York Road (Route 263) side of the building. Note the sign in the upper right hand corner for the general store that was on the opposite corner in those days. The porch on this side of the building was removed when York Road was widened in 1968. In the bottom left of the picture is the World War One monument which was removed when Route 202 was rerouted to join Route 263 about a quarter mile further north. Picture was taken as a 35mm color slide.
This photo was taken around 1953. It shows part of the inn, the front of the Antique Shop and the barn. Note the Pretzel vendor table by the curb at the edge of the road. Picture was taken as a 35mm color slide.
This picture was taken around 1953. It shows the barn and the gas station. The gas station was torn down in the 1969-1970 period due to the widening of York Road at that time. The barn is also shown in the photograph above this one.
Click here for History of The General Greene Inn
Click here for Edna's Antique Shop Home Page
4705 York Road
Buckingham, PA 18912-4218